Develop your A level teaching is a forum for Hounslow teachers and leaders with a passion and responsibility for excellent provision at post-16 to share their expertise and champion best practice in their subject. This programme is driven by a shared acknowledgement of historic underachievement at post-16 across the borough, despite impressive performance at KS4.
This is a HEP-wide programme of high quality training that is based on current and relevant educational theory and research, supporting the in-school CPD offer.
HEP schools, with or without a sixth form, can opt into this collaborative programme, nominating teachers with any level of experience to attend.
- Three meetings held during the year based on the four HEP principles:
- Introducing new knowledge: small steps and questioning
- Application: models and scaffolds
- Reviewing material: daily, weekly and monthly
- Guided independent practice: How to set it, monitor it and check it
- Keynote presenters and subject group facilitators sourced by HEP
- Breakout groups where colleagues discuss the implications specific to their students
- HEP-wide collaboration and sharing of best practice specific to A level teaching with subject groups
- Building sustainable networks of subject specialists for support beyond the calendared meetings
- Subjects offered: Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, History, RE, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, French, Spanish, Business Studies BTEC