Harlequins Foundation Offers Apprenticeship Opportunities For Staff
Published: Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 at 11:51 AM
Government incentive for employers to hire an apprentice –
The Harlequins Foundation, working in partnership with HEP would like to provide some information about their apprenticeship programme. They would be interested in hearing from schools in particular that might have teaching assistants, activity coordinators and/or lunchtime supervisors who would be interested in upskilling and gaining the confidence to promote, deliver and coach fun, inclusive and engaging activities and support students to adopt and maintain healthy and active lifestyles.
This could be a great way for schools to utilise their levy to make more sustainable use of their PE and Sport Premium to:
- Build capacity and capability
- Improve the quality of physical activity within your school.
- Reduce your expenditure on external coaches and third parties.
- Nurture talent and develop staff that share your values.
From September they will be delivering an apprenticeship programme in partnership with Richmond College. This has great potential for employers, including schools, to:
- Access their levy
- Upskill existing staff
- Hire and develop new staff
There is also the option to hire an apprentice, which is a great way to:
- Reduce expenditure on sessional coaches
- Gain new insight, perspective and skills
- Develop and nurture talent aligned with employer values and mission
There is currently a £3000 government incentive for employers to hire an apprentice before 31st of September 2021.
The apprenticeship standard is a Level 2 Activator Coach (the industry recognised coaching apprenticeship standard) but as part of the course they will also include a Level 2 Award in Multi-Skill Development, and if the individual completes this, Harlequins Foundation will contribute towards the cost of them undertaking an NGB coaching qualification.