Supporting Children Impacted by Domestic Abuse
Published: Monday, March 8th, 2021 at 11:23 AM
More Dates for the Summer Term –
Following the success of the Spring term sessions, HEP is pleased to share some more dates for the summer term. The training is offered free of charge to schools and numbers are limited. Please make sure you are able to attend both sessions of the training on consecutive weeks.
Training 1 – Thursday 22nd and Thursday 29th April 2021 - 4pm to 5.30pm
Training 2 – Wednesday 5th and Wednesday 12th May 2021 – 4pm to 5.30pm
Here’s what previous delegates thought:
“There was plenty of time for discussion which was valuable.”
“Learning points – strategies to help support, and ideas to consider, if children have been impacted. It allowed me to think about the issues more than before and indicators of the impact.”
This funded training, facilitated by AVA (Against Violence and Abuse), will look at Domestic Abuse theory and specifically how children are affected. Focus will be given to behavioural, emotional and cognitive effects on children, as well as the impact on parenting for both the abusive and the non-abusive parent.
- Expand on existing knowledge of and experience in domestic violence work
- Explore examples of good practice and projects
- Learn about the impacts/indicators of domestic abuse on children
- Learn about how to respond to disclosures from parents and children
- Learn how schools can engage safely with parents
- Learn how to undertake safety planning and risk assessment with children
- Build confidence in challenging myths and stereotypes.