- This event has passed.
The School Led Improvement Group Secondary (SLIGS) is set up to deliver a strategic and coherent approach to school led improvement for member schools.
If requested, the group will work with the Local Authority, Governing Bodies of individual schools and the Regional Schools Commissioner to support specific commissioned activities.
- Three Secondary Head Teacher representatives agreed annually by all on HEP’s Secondary Head group
- HEP Secondary Board Director
- HEP Partnership Director
- LA officer – School Improvement Secondary
There will be five meetings held annually, spread across the three terms. Smaller working groups may be identified to pick up on particular streams of commissioned work.
The purpose of the meetings are to:
- Review the progress and outcomes at KS4 and 6th Form Hounslow-wide
- Identify strengths and areas for joint development agreed by Secondary Heads
- Support the planning and delivery of Professional Development and best practice at all levels in our schools, where possible working with our teaching schools.
- Quality assure the service offers or commissioned work eg. subject networks, teaching and learning focused work, peer reviews
- Consider feedback from member schools on their needs in order to investigate further potential service developments
- Advise the partnership director on drawing up action plans for any commissioned work