Lead Head Teacher role – apply now
Published: Friday, May 31st, 2019 at 11:51 AM
Lead Head Teachers are appointed to provide leadership for a Peer Challenge collaborative and to liaise with the LA and HEP Partnership Director. There are 4 Lead Head Teachers for the Primary Peer Challenge - see terms of reference below.
Peer Challenge will require a new Lead Head Teacher in September 2019 so we would like to give members the opportunity to apply for the role. It is expected that the successful candidate will work closely with the current team in a handover period until the end of the Autumn term.
The Lead Head Teacher applications will be short listed using the following person specification:
• Headteacher of a good or outstanding Hounslow school currently and with credible evidence of leading successful school improvement
• Current member of HEP
• A track record of effective collaboration working with other schools, particularly in improving the quality of leadership or teaching and learning
• Has been part of Hounslow Peer Challenge for the last 3 years and has a history of good collaborative work across Hounslow
• Willingness to work closely with all HEP and LA partners. Understands HEPs business plan and articles of association
• Has strong interpersonal and confidentiality skills
• The Lead Head Teacher’s school will receive the equivalent of twenty days to carry out this role. This rate will be paid at the daily rate used by the national college
• Has a good understanding of current educational thinking
Interviews will take place on the afternoon of 25th June 2019. If you are interested in the role then please email your application letter in confidence to email@example.com no later than 7th June 2019.