Six into Seven Transition Portal for all schools
Together with Hounslow schools, we have developed a bespoke digital transition service to support the best transitions possible for children moving from primary to secondary schools.
- Modernise our way of working
- Reduce administration and manual input
- Add security and GDPR compliance
Significant improvements have been made to the portal, since the start of this project, including:
- The pre-upload of year 6 pupils from the council's data team
- A separate SEND area with an option to flag pupils who need further discussion with the secondary school
How does it work?
Each school will be required to sign into the portal and register their school to accept the new Data Sharing and Processing Agreement and the Licence Agreement.
Follow the steps below to make sure that your school can use the portal and the right staff members have access.
Step 1: Sign Agreements - both primary and secondary
- Head/Deputy visits portal.sixintoseven.co.uk/register-school-list/hep
- Select your school from the list
- ‘Sign-in with Other’ using your school email address and password
- Accept the DSA & Platform Licence Agreements on behalf of your school
Provide details of your transition lead who will then receive an email to sign-in and confirm their email address.
Step 2: Additional Users - both primary and secondary
The transition lead will be responsible for:
- Managing the transition activities
- Assigning additional users, eg SENDCos
Each new user will receive an email from 'email@example.com' with instructions.
Step 3: Data Entry - primary
Hounslow council will upload Year 6 pupils for Primary schools to start transition data information. Schools will be informed once this is completed.
Step 4: Secondary School Allocation - secondary
Hounslow council will upload Year 6 pupils secondary school allocation for Secondary schools to start receiving data and sending connection requests to out-of-borough feeder schools. Schools will be informed once this is completed.
HEP Director: Cormac Bourne