STEM Enthuse Partnership
HEP secondary schools are able to opt into a STEM Enthuse Partnership (EP) with a defined focus around raising KS5 outcomes. This began in November 2022 and runs for two years. Currently 12 schools have opted in and this EP brings with it £20,000 of funding held in a virtual pot to be spent on training. Each term of the two-year partnership, once reporting has been submitted by HEP and approved by STEM, HEP receives £2000. This is being fed into Secondary Subject Networks.
During 22/23 £6070 was spent from the virtual pot on:
- STEM facilitators supporting DAT meeting delivery
- HEP teachers attending STEM-delivered courses, many of which also come with large bursaries to contribute to cover costs
- Delivering the Science Technician network meetings
There are 4 HEP teachers and 1 technician who are 'Professional Development Lead' (PDL) trained. They are able to lead training and access resources made by STEM to deliver sessions for HEP schools and beyond. Their schools can be reimbursed for their time using STEM funding from the virtual pot.
Plans for 23/24:
- To spend a further £10,000 from the virtual pot on both STEM delivered and HEP PDL delivered CPD
- To receive a further £6000 of payments into HEP following termly reporting
Enthuse Partnership meetings 23/24:
In order to keep opted in schools up to date with training offers and provide accurate termly reports to STEM, each school needs a named contact (either Science HOD or nominated teacher) to attend termly meetings.
- Wednesday 6th December 2023, 4.15-5pm online
- Thursday 14th March 2024, 4.15-5pm online
- Tuesday 18th June 2024, 4.15-5pm
‘It was such a valuable experience, even without all the instructors and course leaders, it was so useful to discuss ideas with other Physics teachers who are really keen on stretching our most able and inspiring students.’
Teacher who attended 'Inspiring A level Physics’ a residential CPD fully funded by STEM
For further information contact Emma Pett - firstname.lastname@example.org