SixIntoSeven is a GDPR compliant rapid response project to support schools with primary into secondary school transition. The project is a collaboration between ASCL, School Leaders across the country and askEddi, through the forum of the Open Data Project for Schools.
- Developed in 2020 to improve data quality and transfer between primary and secondary schools, while facilitating a conversation about pupil progress and attainment.
- Allows primaries to assess each child on a level playing field and take into account primary progress as a whole rather than a marker on the day of an exam
- All schools sign a data agreement and agree to strict T&Cs
The story so far ...
- HEP has existing transition processes for Year 6 to Year 7
- Conveys pupil information between primary and secondary
- Includes pastoral and wellbeing information
- Does not cover attainment or assessment data
- Removal of SATs scores leaves a gap (due to SATs being cancelled in 2021)
- HEP have discussed using the basic SixintoSeven system and building in the additional requirements of the HEP spreadsheet from last year
- Provides us with a fully trackable web-based solution that will reduce workload, allow each secondary school to track who has completed/uploaded data.
- Provides a simple user interface for primary to upload professional judgements and draws other requested data from the primary Managed Information System (MIS)
- Funded from the primary to secondary transition funding held by HEP so at no cost to schools
“From one professional to another for the benefit of the child”.