Supporting Children Impacted by Domestic Abuse
Published: Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 at 12:07 PM
New dates for the Autumn Term –
Following the success of the Spring and Summer term sessions, HEP is pleased to share some dates for October 2021. The training is offered free of charge to schools and numbers are limited. Please make sure you are able to attend both sessions of the training on consecutive weeks.
Session 1 – Tuesday 5th October 2021 - 4pm to 5.30pm
Session 2 – Tuesday 12th October 2021 – 4pm to 5.30pm
Here’s what previous delegates thought:
“There was plenty of time for discussion which was valuable.”
“Learning points – strategies to help support, and ideas to consider, if children have been impacted. It allowed me to think about the issues more than before and indicators of the impact.”
This funded training, facilitated by AVA (Against Violence and Abuse), will look at Domestic Abuse theory and specifically how children are affected. Focus will be given to behavioural, emotional and cognitive effects on children, as well as the impact on parenting for both the abusive and the non-abusive parent.
- Expand on existing knowledge of and experience in domestic violence work
- Explore examples of good practice and projects
- Learn about the impacts/indicators of domestic abuse on children
- Learn about how to respond to disclosures from parents and children
- Learn how schools can engage safely with parents
- Learn how to undertake safety planning and risk assessment with children
- Build confidence in challenging myths and stereotypes.